Request for help with running Unreal ED 3.0 in Wine (from developer Running With Scissors)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 10:55:09 CDT 2015

Am 17.08.2015 um 15:37 schrieb Jon M <jonm at gopostal.com>:

> It’s so close to being perfectly usable as a level editor, with one major caveat - not being able to select actors or surfaces by clicking or access their right click menus to add actors. It is possible select actors with marquee select in the orthographic views, and you are able to add static meshes to a level via the Insert button in the Static Mesh browser. The texture browser also has issues with selection which can be worked around by increasing the size in the View menu.
It's difficult to say what's wrong from that description. I suspect it's a user32 input handling problem, though maybe the mouse click is read right and the editor can't find out which 3D object you hit with your click.

Can I download the editor for free, or you I need to buy a version of UT 3 and/or some SDK license?

Cheers,
Stefan