Wineconf proposal: discuss 64-bit?

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 10:45:40 CDT 2015

On 8 June 2015 at 16:42, Josh DuBois <duboisj at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering whether it would be useful to discuss 64-bit support in Wine
> at wineconf this year.  I'm interested in feedback on whether it's a useful
> topic.

I have the impression that there's not that much to discuss. I.e., I
think the people working on this are generally aware of the various
issues. Of course I'm biased in that I think technical issues are
usually much better discussed on the mailing list. Perhaps if you were
to give a short overview of the current state and issues people would
find that interesting.

On a related note, one thing I sometimes wonder about when WineConf
comes up is what we're trying to achieve with the various
talks/discussions/etc. It's probably unfair to say we're just trying
to fill all the time slots (although that did in fact happen at least
once), but I personally wouldn't blame anyone that came away with that
impression either.