GSOC 2015 : D3DX9 - Implement missing D3DX9 APIs

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 05:30:56 CST 2015

> Hi,
>
> I am Abhishek and am interested in the project titled "D3DX9 - Implement
> missing D3DX9 APIs". I am good at data-structures and algorithms and have
> worked with C,C++, PHP, Javascript and Python. I have some questions about
> the task:
>
> 1)Can domain-specific knowledge be a issue..? From just the name of the apis
> listed on ideas page, i can guess that some advanced domain knowledge  in
> the concerned field is needed. How difficult would it be to write the apis
> without that knowledge..?

I guess you refer to the math functions listed in that page. It's
pretty specific stuff but it shouldn't be too hard to look that up.
You can also ignore those in your project if you want.

> 2) How should i start my work for this project..? By collecting the list of
> apis that would be implemented..? How should it be done..? Is there any
> documentation about it that will help..? Currently i have no idea.

The idea is to select a subset of the missing functions which would be
reasonable to implement during the 3 months or so of the GSoC.
Probably the best way to get an idea about the complexity of the task
is to try and (start to) implement one of them right now, with tests
and all the like.

Good luck!