Compiling with GCC 5.0

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:41:14 CST 2015

On Mar 6, 2015 12:36 PM, "Michael Cronenworth" <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> On 02/19/2015 02:15 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
>>
>> I'll try to setup git-bisect runs when I have a chance.
>

> Update:
> All sorts of Cool Things(tm) are happening in Fedora. We've just enabled
hardening across all packages and that breaks compiling[1] wine. This also
got me thinking the original problem could be due to a compiler flag so
before I shot off thousands of git-bisects I did an experiment. Disabling
all of Fedora's packaging compiler flags has stopped wine64 from crashing.
Now I'm on the hunt to find the offending flag and/or commit.

> [1] https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/9055/9029055/build.log

Fedora also applies the wine staging patches, so you might want to start by
disabling those so that you're testing vanilla Wine.