gdi32: Improve detection of symbol charset for old truetype fonts.

Huw Davies huw at codeweavers.com
Wed Nov 18 03:28:28 CST 2015

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 02:16:36PM +0800, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> This patch uses same check for symbol charset that get_outline_text_metrics()
> already does, and allows the font attached to the bug 33117 be correctly
> recognized as a symbol ttf (like Windows does).

I think this needs to wait until after 1.8.  It's probably correct,
but there's enough doubt to not risk it (and yes, I know it's tricky
to write a convincing test).  My concern is that although it works for
the font mentioned in the bug, there may well be other fonts out there
that are affected in undesirable ways.

Huw.