[2/2] oleaut32: Implement a better stub for IPicture::SaveAsFile.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Nov 24 23:54:48 CST 2015

Alexandre Julliard <julliard at winehq.org> wrote:

> >> OK, if you promise to do that after 1.8, I'll put it in ;-)
> >
> > It should be pretty easy to make Save() call SaveAsFile() as a backend.
>
> I failed to notice in my test run yesterday, but this is causing test
> failures in gdiplus. It's possible that this would have far-reaching
> consequences, so I'm going to revert the patch for now. It will have to
> be redone properly after code freeze. Sorry about that.

Failures in gdiplus tests are caused by broken code in gdiplus, in particular
GdipCloneImage() is broken. First, it calls IPicture_SaveAsFile() with 'mem_copy'
parameter set to FALSE, and according to the tests IPicture_SaveAsFile() always
returns E_FAIL in that case. Second, IPicture_SaveAsFile() has never been writing
correct data to the provided stream, so despite that it hasn't returned an error
the result just couldn't be correct. It looks like whoever has written that code
hasn't tested it at all.

Regardless of the above, I'm fine with the revert, it seems like I no longer
have obligations to fix the code duplication :)

--
Dmitry.