wineps.drv: Add glyph names for PostScript Format 1 glyphs.

Nikolay Sivov bunglehead at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 12:57:37 CDT 2015

On 01.09.2015 19:21, Erich E. Hoover wrote:
> +        /* These PostScript Format 1 glyph names are stored by glyph index, do not reorder them. */
> +        const char *glyph_table[] = {
> +            ".notdef",
> +            ".null",
> +            "nonmarkingreturn",
> +            "space",

I don't think it can work like that for anything except .notdef.
If I understand it correctly one of wineps.drv tasks is to generate
Type1/Type42 font description from currently selected font, including
converting outline data and metrics to proper format, and that selected
font could be anything scalable.

get_glyph_name() operates on glyph index, and ttf/otf formats are free
to map codepoints to any index, so mapping you implemented will only
work in case when currently selected font has 'post' table in Format 1.
So if you really need adobe glyph name you have to use
unicode-value-to-name lookup based on [1] probably (comes under Apache
2.0 license, no idea if it's usable in Wine). But even that won't always
work I think, because we have to support ETO_GLYPH_INDEX case too where
you have indices as input.

[1] https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/agl-aglfn/blob/master/glyphlist.txt