wineps.drv: Add glyph names for PostScript Format 1 glyphs.

Erich E. Hoover erich.e.hoover at wine-staging.com
Tue Sep 1 14:05:46 CDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Nikolay Sivov <bunglehead at gmail.com> wrote:
> get_glyph_name() operates on glyph index, and ttf/otf formats are free to
> map codepoints to any index, so mapping you implemented will only work in
> case when currently selected font has 'post' table in Format 1.

Some of the documentation I ran across said that indices 0 through 257
are reserved for the standard glyphs even in later formats.  However,
it's entirely possible that the information I found is incorrect.

> So if you
> really need adobe glyph name you have to use unicode-value-to-name lookup
> based on [1] probably (comes under Apache 2.0 license, no idea if it's
> usable in Wine). But even that won't always work I think, because we have to
> support ETO_GLYPH_INDEX case too where you have indices as input.

I agree that this is better, but I was unable to find a version of
this data that's not Apache 2.0 licensed and it is not clear to me
that we can include Apache 2.0 licensed data.  I'm not even sure why
there's a license on such a lookup table, but the fact remains that it
is there.

Best,
Erich