Prep for Wineconf - testing

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Sep 3 09:58:10 CDT 2015

> Yes, two extra boxes should maintain the old status-quo.
>

>> That sound right?  And would a pair of i5s with fast hard drives and 8G
>> of RAM do the trick?
>
> One aspect that I think is important is to ensure that the processor
> support the virtualization instructions. For Intel that's VT-x and VT-d
> and Intel tends to turn these features on and off at random across their
> processor range. So before buying a processor I'd recommend checking it
> out on http://ark.intel.com/.

And no special graphics hardware, right, so Intel built in video is
sufficient?

If so, Newman, can you order up a pair of boxes (and a new UPS) that
meet the criteria?  Ideally, if we can get them online a little before
Wineconf, we can work based on those results.

Cheers,

Jeremy

p.s.  And then anyone want to volunteer to help Francois?  That sounds
like it would be even more valuable...