[3/3] Add period to status bar, dialog box messages (try 2)

Florian Pelz pelzflorian at pelzflorian.de
Wed Sep 16 02:22:59 CDT 2015

On 09/16/2015 08:59 AM, Nikolay Sivov wrote:
> On 15.09.2015 11:28, Florian Pelz wrote:
>>   STRINGTABLE
>>   {
>> -    IDS_STATUS_DONE            "Done"
>> +    IDS_STATUS_DONE            "Done."
>>       IDS_STATUS_DOWNLOADINGFROM "Downloading from %s..."
>>   }
>
> I don't think it's better really to have punctuation in status bars.
> Probably messages can live without it, unless they consist of multiple
> sentences, then last one needs termination too.

I think it's better style to have a period at the end, and Windows does
it. Wine has one such status bar message with two sentences, only the
first with a period (oleview.rc:110, "Quit the application. Prompts to
save changes"). It would look inconsistent if that were the only message
to have a period at the end. But of course, messages can live without it.