Wine Stable/Release Changes

Aaryaman Vasishta jem456.vasishta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 08:35:25 CDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com>
wrote:

> So I don't think there's one right answer on this matter. It's more
>>> about where to put the cursor between user-friendliness and development
>>> speed / ease; and figuring out what will work best in the end for Wine.
>>>
>> For me "user-friendliness" in the context of Wine Stable means:
>> "No regressions".
>>

> I strongly agree.  If I choose to use the stable version of Wine, I do not
> want any surprises when I do an apt-get upgrade.  Particularly if I
> deliberately chose stable over the other two options.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeremy
>
> +1
I agree with Michael's points on wine stable. Also I guess this would work
well with the code-freeze, where IIRC there should be enough time for
regression checks on patches which have potential to go on wine stable. But
I guess it all comes down to how it all goes during the first couple
releases.

Cheers,
Aaryaman

Cheers,