Bugzilla changes

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 01:56:59 CDT 2015

Howdy all,

As Alexandre mentioned [1], at WineConf we made several decisions to
modify bugzilla in a few ways. I've now implemented those changes,
which are outlined below:

* New wine-staging product: This should be used for bugs caused by
patches that are in wine-staging, but that do not occur in
wine-development (i.e., wine-staging patch regressions)

* New STAGED resolution: This is to differentiate bugs that are FIXED
(in wine-development) from bugs that are not present in wine-staging
because of one or more patches. The anticipated workflow is:
UNCONFIRMED > bug confirmed, NEW > patch written and sent to
wine-patches, if it's accepted, FIXED. If not, and the patch is
integrated into wine-staging, then the bug is STAGED. When the patch
is revised and eventually integrated into wine-development, the bug
should move to FIXED.

* New NEEDINFO resolution: There's a lot of confusion and different
handling by triagers for what to do with bug reports that are
incomplete (i.e., leaving it open versus closing invalid). To mitigate
this, I've added a NEEDINFO resolution. If a bug report lacks needed
information, set it to this status. Bug that have been open NEEDINFO
for more than 1 year can be closed.

* Renamed UPSTREAM to NOTOURBUG: This is more in line with what other
projects do, and eliminates confusion about the upstream/downstream
distinction.

Please let me know if there are any questions or ideas for further enhancements.

[1] https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2015-September/109392.html

--
-Austin