Fedora source packages

Michael Müller michael at fds-team.de
Sat Jan 2 17:16:34 CST 2016

Am 02.01.2016 um 19:08 schrieb Jeffrey Smith:
> One more question: where is the Fedora spec file used for creating the
> winehq binary packages.  That should be available somewhere, but I
> haven't found it.

You can find all packaging files at:
https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-packaging
(we should change the name of the github team at some point)

If you want to generate the build files for all targets:
./generate.py --out some_dir

If you also want the script to download all required files (i.e. the
wine source code), you can use:
./generate.py --out some_dir --boot

Just ignore the created boot.sh file. This file is executed in our build
VMs and contains the instructions on how to build packages on this
system. For Fedora it basically just tells the VM to install the build
dependencies and build the spec file.

In case you only want to get the files for fedora, you can use:
./generate.py --out some_dir --skip-name (--boot) \
              fedora-any-development

The --skip-name parameter prevents the script from creating
subdirectories for each distribution.

Regards,
Michael