WineHQ upgrade breaking dinput8:dinput?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed Mar 23 06:17:12 CDT 2016

This is a truly weird one. dinput8:dinput start failing on the 17th, the
day after WineHQ was upgraded:
https://test.winehq.org/data/tests/dinput8:dinput.html

What makes this weird is that:
 * There has been no change to these tests between bd332f53f2d7 and
   966a07149a02. In fact the last patch goes back to 2013.
   So it's not a bad patch.

 * The failures happen on every 32 bit test environment, from XP to
   Windows 10, VM or not, TestBot or not. Only 64 bit is spared.

 * I compiled a dinput8_crosstest.exe binary bd332f53f2d7 which
   was not failing according to the test.winehq.org results. But all I
   got is failures:
   - 887b445bb878, 8th, 0 test.winehq.org failures, 13 here:
     https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=21611
   - bd332f53f2d7, 16th, 0 test.winehq.org failures, 13 here:
     https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=21610
   - 329dfee70c35, 22nd, 13 test.winehq.org failures, 13 here
     https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=21609
   My MinGW compiler is more recent than the one WineHQ was using before
   the upgrade however. So I think this points to a compiler-related
   issue.

The official WineTest binaries are build on WineHQ so I suspect the
MinGW upgrade is somehow responsible for the new failures.

However I don't know if the old compiler was masking them, of if the new
one is causing them.

Any ideas?

For reference:
 * Debian Testing (my environment):
   $ i686-w64-mingw32-gcc --version
   i686-w64-mingw32-gcc (GCC) 5.3.1 20160205

 * Debian 7 (close to former WineHQ environment):
   $ i686-w64-mingw32-gcc --version
   i686-w64-mingw32-gcc (GCC) 4.9.1

  Nouvelle version : les anciens bogues ont été remplacés par de nouveaux.