XInput and HID - architecture

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 23 10:04:28 CDT 2016

On 3/23/16 9:59 AM, Nathan Schulte wrote:
> On 03/23/2016 07:21 AM, Aric Stewart wrote:
>> On Linux I have written both a evdev and hidraw connection, mostly because the hidraw one was very easy. Now that the evdev one is working pretty well if you feel the hidraw one would be nothing but heart ache then I can drop that.
>
> Would this prevent RawInput from working?  There are a number of games that use the x360 controller but require RawInput for e.g. the triggers, or such things.  I've forgotten the details, but I can re-investigate if it would be helpful.

No, RawInput would be written on top of the win32 HID level. It has not been implemented but should not be too hard once the win32 HID level is in place as RawInput is pretty close to just raw HID.

My first HID test program was actually a RawInput test program that I just made very minor modifications to make it use hid.dll instead.

-aric