[v7 2/7] d3dx9: Implement preshader parsing.

Paul Gofman gofmanp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 18:39:28 CDT 2016

On 03/29/2016 02:16 AM, Matteo Bruni wrote:

>> +        if (FAILED(regstore_alloc_table(&peval->pres.regs, i)))
>> +        {
>> +            hr = E_OUTOFMEMORY;
>> +            goto err_out;
>> +        }
>> +    }
>> +
>> +    if (TRACE_ON(d3dx))
>> +        dump_bytecode(byte_code, byte_code_size);
>> +
>> +    *peval_out = peval;
>> +    TRACE("retval %u, *peval_out %p.\n", D3D_OK, *peval_out);
> Same with this. This one in particular doesn't seem worth keeping.

    I intentionally added this TRACE with output pointer as otherwise I
cannot find init trace related to particular preshader. E. g., if I have
some weirdness or error message when param_eval is used much later
(among a hundred of other param evals), I want to find the log records
where this preshader was created which has disassembly and binary blob.
Without this TRACE I have no sure way to match the used preshader with
its parsing trace. So unless you are strictly opposed to this TRACE I
would keep it to make future bug hunting easier.

    The TRACE on error return a few lines below is a leftover.