Problems with the tooltip controls.

John Found johnfound at asm32.info
Mon Sep 19 13:30:20 CDT 2016

In my program I have window with several toolbars that have to show tooltips on its buttons.

As long as the tooltips are dynamical, I am handling the TTN_NEEDTEXTW following way:

1. Send message TTM_GETCURRENTTOOLW to the tooltip control in NMHDR.hwndFrom reveived.
2. Determine from which toolbar the notification comes by using TOOLINFO.hwnd returned.
3. Generate the tooltip text and set the TOOLTIPTEXTW.lpszText to point to the generated text.
4. Return

This procedure works in Windows, but not in WINE.
In WINE, TTM_GETCURRENTTOOLW always returns FALSE.
And there is no other way to determine which of the toolbars generated this message. (or at least I don't know it).

Any ideas about some workaround?

--
http://fresh.flatassembler.net
http://asm32.info