Code freeze got you down? Try fixing a test!

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 10:45:24 CST 2017

On 12 December 2017 at 22:38, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> Just think how much you will brighten the solstice by finding and fixing
> one of our tests!  Or, if you're a south hemispherean, it's way too hot
> to go out, so you should stay in and fix a test.
>
> A curated list test failures on our static Windows VMs and on a first
> Linux machine is here:
>   https://www.winehq.org/~jwhite/latest.html
>
> We've made some good progress lately; we are down to 10 failures total
> on the Linux box, only 3 of which are consistent.  Windows failures are
> way down; although we still have a nice bunch of Windows 8 and 10
> failures left.
>
> In fact, the thing we have the *most* of are sporadic Windows 10
> failures - everyone's favorite!
>
> Alexandre assures me that test fixes are welcome during code freeze, so
> bring some solstice joy and fix those tests!

For what it's worth:

The ddraw:d3d and ddraw:visual failures will likely end up being an
exercise in figuring out in what way ddraw/WARP is broken on current
Windows versions. At the same time though, all ddraw:d3d and
ddraw:visual tests should eventually be rewritten and added to
ddraw:ddraw{1,2,4,7}. If anyone is interested in looking at these, I'd
encourage doing that cleanup first.