[09/18] comctl32: TaskDialog - make thread-safe

Fabian Maurer dark.shadow4 at web.de
Sat Feb 25 16:24:16 CST 2017

> If you mean you need to store control specific data, take a look how
> it's done for other controls in comctl32.
Thanks, that makes sense. I'll change the way that works.

> implementing dialog using dynamically constructed dialog template. Why
> is it better than creating controls manually at runtime? What are pros
> and cons of those solutions?
Well, the main reason for using a dialog is that it makes the code a lot
easier. Instead of creating and destroying all controls by hand, we can let
the dialog functions take care of that. It just seemed easier to implement,
and generating a template in memory isn't that difficult.

> I'll comment on other patches too, but first thing to do would be to
> properly implement taskdialog in its current incomplete form, that's
> based on messagebox, so we get proper structure first and don't loose
> anything in behavior.
I see, that was my first idea, too. I'll try to temporarily remove the parts
that aren't necessary for my implementation to replace the current one.

Regards,
Fabian Maurer