Wine po issue page broken?

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 06:31:05 CST 2017

Hello Julian,

On 01/10/2017 12:43 PM, Lauri Kenttä wrote:
> On 2017-01-10 13:11, Julian Rüger wrote:
>> Hi Francois and list,
>>
>> the po issue page http://fgouget.free.fr/wine-po/ has not updated for
>> quite some time.
hmm, I missed that yesterday when I saved the ro.po errors and spell
errors page. I wanted later today to look for new errors introduced by
my patch.

>> It shows abb221fa81b60f53c14f6864bbfb9453455aeeeb as its latest commit
>> id (that is the git commit id, right?), which is the release of 1.9.14,
>> July 2016.
>>
>> First of all, did I miss something?
>>
>> I find that page quite useful, personally. What about the other
>> translators? Seems there is not much interest...?
Yes, when I do translation work (only during code freeze) I do look at
that page.

>> http://source.winehq.org/transl/ is broken for me as well.
This page is from the time when Wine used .rc file for translations.
So a lot of the errors that page caught are not possible now with the
new po based translation.

I wanted to submit now a patch to just remove the transl from
wine-tools. But as that operates on .res file and those are still
generated during the build it can be made to work again fairly easy.

parse_resfiles.php just needs to be adapted to work with the new
Makefiles. And then we can decide if that is still useful or not.

bye
	michael