Wine po issue page broken?

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Tue Jan 10 06:31:05 CST 2017

Hello Julian,

On 01/10/2017 12:43 PM, Lauri Kenttä wrote:
> On 2017-01-10 13:11, Julian Rüger wrote:
>> Hi Francois and list,
>> the po issue page has not updated for
>> quite some time.
hmm, I missed that yesterday when I saved the ro.po errors and spell
errors page. I wanted later today to look for new errors introduced by
my patch.

>> It shows abb221fa81b60f53c14f6864bbfb9453455aeeeb as its latest commit
>> id (that is the git commit id, right?), which is the release of 1.9.14,
>> July 2016.
>> First of all, did I miss something?
>> I find that page quite useful, personally. What about the other
>> translators? Seems there is not much interest...?
Yes, when I do translation work (only during code freeze) I do look at
that page.

>> is broken for me as well.
This page is from the time when Wine used .rc file for translations.
So a lot of the errors that page caught are not possible now with the
new po based translation.

I wanted to submit now a patch to just remove the transl from
wine-tools. But as that operates on .res file and those are still
generated during the build it can be made to work again fairly easy.

parse_resfiles.php just needs to be adapted to work with the new
Makefiles. And then we can decide if that is still useful or not.


>> It would be nice to hear from other translators, how much do you use
>> these pages, would you like them to be fixed?
>> If it's just me, please don't bother; otherwise it would be great if
>> someone could look into it!
>> All the best and a happy new year to everyone!
>> Julian
> I've noticed this, too.
> The page was very useful when my translation was in progress. However,
> after reaching 100% I haven't needed it anymore. To stay up-to-date, I'm
> currently using my own script, which I run (with cron) every thursday
> and friday to catch any po changes.
> #!/bin/sh
> # Usage: [language]
> # Example: fi
> STR="$(curl -so-
> FUZZY=$(($(test -z "${STR/*fuzzy*/}" && echo 1) +0))
> EMPTY=$(($(echo "$STR" | grep -A1 'msgstr ""' | grep '^$' >/dev/null &&
> echo 1) +0))
> test $FUZZY = 1 && echo "wine-po: $1: fuzzy"
> test $EMPTY = 1 && echo "wine-po: $1: empty"
> With proper spell checking, I could take a look at the Swedish
> translation, but the Swedish spell checking on wine-po has always been
> broken (includes dots in words and so produces hundreds of false
> positives).

More information about the wine-devel mailing list