DirectX 12 in Wine

Gabríel Arthúr Pétursson gabriel at system.is
Tue Jan 24 00:17:46 CST 2017

Hi,

I am interested on working on getting DirectX 12 support into Wine. Is
there anyone currently working towards that goal that I can get in
contact with?

With that said, what would an appropriate implementation in Wine look
like?

DirectX 12 on top of Vulkan seems like an obvious choice. The two
APIs are very similar, whereas the DirectX 12 programming model
deviates significantly from both OpenGL and DirectX 11.

Another approach is to leverage wined3d (i.e. OpenGL + extensions). I
don't know to what extent wined3d can be used or needs to be changed in
order to support DirectX 12, or if it'd be useful at all. Can anyone
shed some light on whether this would be a feasible approach?

Thanks.