Installation of up-to-date wine-staging

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Jun 16 16:45:11 CDT 2017

I followed the directions at
<https://wine-staging.com/installation.html> to install wine-staging on
my Debian Jessie platform.  However, the result is considerably out of
date (version 2.4 rather than 2.9 (or 2.10)), and there appears to
be no method of determining what version of wine-staging is available
for each of the other Linux platforms mentioned on that web page such
as Debian testing = stretch.

Is this lack of an up-to-date version some idiosyncrasy for the Debian
Jessie platform or is this a problem for all the Linux distributions
covered in the above web page?

Are there plans to start keeping wine-staging installs more up to date
for Debian Jessie or is there some other set of directions I should be
following to gain access to the latest version of wine-staging? It's
been a number of years since I have built wine, and in that era I only
bothered with the 32-bit version.  So if it turns out the answer is
there are no plans to keep the various distro versions of wine-staging
up to date so the only way to get an up-to-date version is to build a
WoW64 version of the latest wine that has been patched with the
wine-staging patches, it would be good to state that in the above
page.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin