[wine-devel] Re: Installation of up-to-date wine-staging --Solved, i.e., never a problem

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Jun 16 22:29:23 CDT 2017

On 2017-06-16 15:48-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> So I have no idea how I
> got the impression it was 2.4.0 from similar commands I ran at the
> time, and my apologies for the noise about this.

This has been bugging me, but now I have finally figured out how I
likely came to the wrong conclusion on the version.  apt-cache show
winehq-staging shows every version in reverse order from 2.10 to 2.4,
and those first results must have scrolled off the screen.
Conclusion, always pipe apt-cache show results to "less".  :-)

Alan
Alan W. Irwin