Installation of up-to-date wine-staging --Solved, i.e., never a problem

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Jun 16 17:48:58 CDT 2017

On 2017-06-17 00:18+0200 Sebastian Lackner wrote:

> The repositories are up-to-date and currently contain version 2.10 for
> both the Staging and Development branches.

Thanks, Sebastian for that definitive answer that inspired me to
double-check, and indeed dpkg --status winehq-staging tells me I
currently have 2.9 installed (from earlier this week), and apt-cache
show winehq-staging tells me 2.10 is ready to be installed (as you
stated).  Also, I keep track of each apt-get command result, and those
records confirm I installed 2.9.0 originally.  So I have no idea how I
got the impression it was 2.4.0 from similar commands I ran at the
time, and my apologies for the noise about this.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin