GSOC 2017 - Resource/Dialog Editor

Joe ml999 at openmailbox.org
Thu Mar 2 13:58:27 CST 2017

Hi,

First of all, congrats for getting picked for another GSoC!
Wine made my transition to Linux way easier and with more and more
applications being supported the year of the desktop can come :)

My name is Joseph Winzer and I am a bachelor math/CS student looking
forward to contribute to open source in this year's GSoC.
The 'Resource/Dialog Editor' project caught my eye as I remember a few
years back digging through executables out of curiousity. Last time I
looked for a resource editor it was either bundled with other software
(Visual Studio, PellesC) or as mentioned in the project description
bundled up with adware like ResEdit.
I want to change that by contributing to Wine with an open source
standalone editor anyone can use free of charge.
Equipped with my Petzold, MSDN and the help of the community I am sure I
will be able to realize this project.

Looking forward working with you guys :)