cmd: Adjust CMD_LIST to a tree-like structure and implement command chains

Matteo Bruni matteo.mystral at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:44:26 CDT 2017

> On 24 March 2017 at 00:10, Matteo Bruni <matteo.mystral at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The tests should always pass. Notice though that you can mark the
>> tests failing on Wine (temporarily or not) as "todo_wine" so that the
>> failure is actually expected and not reported as such.
>>
> You can, but that still potentially regresses functionality for
> applications, which is what we ultimately care about. It may be
> justified in some situations, but if at all possible it's still best
> avoided.

If there is some way to split the patch properly while avoiding
regressions that's certainly best.

I guess I assumed that there is no clear way to do that and the tests
temporarily breaking are somewhat edge cases (i.e. the functionality
loss isn't really an issue in practice). If that's not the case then
sure, todo_wines would be "cheating"...