Darren Stevens II -- Outreachy Internship

Darren M. Stevens II darren8 at umbc.edu
Tue Mar 28 20:31:49 CDT 2017

Hello, my name is Darren and I'm a computer science major at the University
of Maryland Baltimore County. I've never worked in open source software
before, but the idea of letting windows apps run for linux sounds
appealing, especially for games.

Though it's my first time in open source, I have some experience in C.
Looking at the project list, the graphical user interface  seems to be the
most interesting, but I'm also interested in the resource and dialog editor
since I'd like to get some UI experience. I've also worked in html, php,
and mysql before, so improving the AppDB website also interests me. If
pressed, I'd prefer to work with the gui and learn about what goes into
making one.

I look forward to potentially working with you all more during the summer.

Thank you for your time,

Darren Stevens II
Meyerhoff Scholar [M25]
Computer Science (Game Design Track) Major
University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)