Learning C and Wine

Luke Short ekultails at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:12:23 CDT 2017

Greetings everyone,

    I am looking to learn how to program in C and, more specifically, want
to focus on how to do so with Wine development. I've already been
contributing to this project via testing applications and
updating/submitting bug reports and I hope to contribute even more.

As a developer, I've been professionally making Python programs for years
now and I figure it's about time I really learn C. Ideally I will
eventually contribute more of my time and code back into the Wine project.
Beyond just Wine, knowing C should also help give me an edge on creating
high-performance functions using Python's C API.

My question is: are there any recommended resources for learning C from the
ground up and also using that knowledge to help with Wine? What are some
materials that you have used to get yourself started with C and/or Wine
beyond the Wine Developer's Guide?

I understand that learning C will be more of a gradual thing over the
course of many years. And, like most things, mastery is an ongoing process.
I am looking to get my feet wet so that I can eventually dive into the Wine
development pool.

Thank you guys for any advice you can give to a newcomer!

Sincerely,
    Luke Short