fvwm d3d test failures

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 10:58:41 CDT 2017

Am 2017-10-12 um 17:21 schrieb Alexandre Julliard:
> I'm usually running tests with this patch, which avoids the failure for
> me. If you have a better fix I'd be interested...
Looks like you have the same failure as I do. d3d8:device and
d3d9:device have the same test, and they fail for for me too, although
not as often as the d3d9ex one.

I'd just have removed the entire test, so no, I don't have a better fix
:-) . I'll try to understand better how the focus ends up with the focus
window, or rather, why other WMs and Windows appear to keep the hidden
device window focused.

(Replacing ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) with SetWindowLong(GWL_STYLE, old_style &
~WS_VISIBLE) may keep the device window focused and still trigger the
same d3d9 behavior, but it feels like a hack)