GSoC Proposal - Direct3D - Automated game benchmarks - Proof of Concept

Dimitris Gounaridis moihack.inside at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:21:20 CDT 2018

Hello everyone! I'm Dimitris Gounaridis a Computer Science student from
Thessaloniki, Greece.
I have sent a proposal for this year's GSoC "Direct3D - Automated game
benchmarks" idea.

I created this repo( https://github.com/moihack/mywinescripts) with some
simple scripts after being asked by Stefan Dösinger for a simple proof of
concept around my scripting skills.
Right now my scripts download the wine-3.5 branch, build wine, then
download and silently install the standalone benchmark for Devil May Cry 4.
After also grabbing and unpacking autohotkey they launch the benchmark and
output through WINEDEBUG=+fps the current fps value to a log file.

What this script is currently missing is any kind of dependency management
and proper error handling. Also, the script currently does not still parse
and calculate a metric (like average fps) from the fps.log file.
Finally,there is a log file that gets frequently updated so the user kinda
knows till which part the script run if an error occured.

Please let me know of any possible improvements and/or any possible issues
you may find.

Regards,
Dimitris Gounaridis