Pointers to develop direct hardware access

Peter Cost petercost3 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 08:31:53 CST 2018

I'm new to wine and tried to get the Sonic core Scope software to work
under wine. The problem I ran into is that there is no support for the
used PCI hardware. (Sonic core/Creamware Scope PCI card) I researched
the net and found that wine does not support hardware that does not have
a proper Linux driver. Found a reference to ReactOS but a test with that
ended in the well known blue screen.

So I'm looking into making this possible myself but need some pointers
on where to start.

My thought on this is to create some layer between the actual hardware
and wine running the Scope driver.

Tried to fool the system by adding the PCI enumerations for this card to
the wine registry, but the driver installer still says no hardware found.

I have the Scope hardware and the windows software. (Currently using
windows xp 32bit)

I'm a reasonable skilled programmer with many years of experience in
both the hardware and the software world.

Thanks for any pointers