Your weekly winetest update

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:51:21 CST 2018

On 2 February 2018 at 07:08, Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com> wrote:
> With the spherical light tests, I both corrected the numbers and
> relaxed the test stringency, because Windows errs a little in one
> direction and Wine errs a little more in the other direction. I might
> be able to fix the spherical harmonic tests if someone points me
> towards an understandable introduction to spherical harmonics in
> computer science.

Understandable may be a relative term, but Peter-Pike Sloan wrote a
paper called "Stupid Spherical Harmonics (SH) Tricks" [1] a while
back. You may also find [2] interesting.

[1] http://www.ppsloan.org/publications/StupidSH36.pdf
[2] https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/chuckw/2012/07/28/spherical-harmonics-math/