Wine staging update.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Thu Feb 22 00:56:27 CST 2018

Alistair Leslie-Hughes <leslie_alistair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> We are in the middle of rebasing all the patches, which is a considerable task.
> After two and a half months of nothing being done, there are huge amount of
> conflicts. People who have never done this, please understand it is time consuming
> process.  We are about 90% of our way through them.
> (Advise on how to speed up this process are welcome.)

Thanks for updating the staged patches, that's a real challege.
While at the moment all the patches apply cleanly there are a couple
of problems I spotted so far:
1. compiled wine-staging is not able to start up:
wine client error:0: version mismatch 549/544.
Your wine binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe the wrong wineserver is still running?
(there is no wineserver instances running and various other local wine branches
do work as expected).
2. what is the reason of removing the patch with the tests as part of
https://github.com/wine-staging/wine-staging/commit/950a11ae1deb75955cd9ee3842b5bc43c39877bc

Thanks again.

--
Dmitry.