Automating analysis of behaioural differences between Wine and Windows?

George Gonzalez ggonzalez at codeweavers.com
Sun Jan 28 12:45:36 CST 2018

When I asked about something similar, whether it was okay to stopwatch
how long it takes the Windows default windowproc to process a certain
message, in order to determine whether that message got handled at all,
I got some dubious looks, so I didn't pursue that path.  It's probably
an ambiguous point, are we violating the "reverse engineering" clauses
if we notice how long a Windows API takes?   Is 4'33 of silence,
anywhere, a violation of John Cage's copyright?   On such abstruse legal
decisions pettifogging legal beagles gold-plate their yachts.

( In the 1940's, Northwest Airlines, on Dec 31'st each year, they would
fly every plane to a small airport in North Dakota, where their auditor
would photograph their presence, to document that all their planes were
"domiciled" in North Dakota, thereby they only had to pay ND taxes on
them.  That case went all the way to the Supreme Court.   One judge's
opinion was that since they had ruled in 1881 and 1933 that railroad
cars had to be taxed in their state of longest residence, planes should
be likewise taxed.   ) FYI: Excerpts:
[https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/322/292/case.html]

but, bottom line, I have no idea.