Wine staging 3.13 release

Kai Krakow kai at kaishome.de
Sun Jul 22 09:19:07 CDT 2018

Hello!

> Binary packages for various distributions will be available from:
> https://www.winehq.org/download
>
> Summary of the past few weeks
> * Rebased to current wine 3.13 (880 patches are applied to wine vanilla)
> * Reviewed and upstreamed patches.
>
> Updated patchsets
> * xaudio2 WMA support.
> * kernelbase-PathCchCombineEx
> * winepulse-PulseAudio_Support

This new winepulse patchset seems to introduce very bad audio
distortion for me. Sound is played at around half of its original
speed with what sounds like empty buffers alternating with filled
buffers. I'm currently cross-checking by reverting to the old
patchset.

Changing PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC only introduces visible audio lag but
doesn't fix the distortion. This was different with older releases
(before native pulseaudio support).

Running pulseaudio 11.1 here usually without setting
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC. My setup worked with both USB audio and builtin
audio just fine until now, switching audio sinks and sources also
worked.

If there's anything I can help with diagnosing this, let me know.

Thanks,
Kai