mpr: Return correct error code for non network paths and REMOTE_NAME_INFO_LEVEL in WNetGetUniversalName.

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:27:36 CDT 2018

Missatge de Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> del dia dc., 14 de març
2018 a les 9:57:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 04:17:41PM +0100, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> > Andrew Eikum <aeikum at codeweavers.com> writes:

> > > I thought Signed-off-by meant something like, "I agree to help debug
> > > this if something goes wrong." It seems wrong to make that statement
> > > to wine-devel on someone else's behalf. If I put a sign-off and send
> > > it to wine-staging that means something different to me than if I send
> > > it to wine-devel.
> >
> > It should be taken to mean something like "I think that this is good
> > enough to go into Wine". I don't think the meaning of Signed-off should
> > change based on how the patch was submitted, particularly since patches
> > can get into staging from various sources, including wine-devel.
> >

> Having a sign-off line on a patch floating around on the Internet
> shouldn't be taken as permission to submit the patch with my sign-off
> to wine-devel, in my opinion. Perhaps I've revised the patch elsewhere
> since then and I no longer think it's good enough for Wine.

> In any case, the wiki currently disagrees with your interpretation:

> """Finally, your patch should include a Signed-off-by line. This line
> indicates that you accept responsibility for fixing any regressions
> caused by your patch."""

>    https://wiki.winehq.org/Submitting_Patches#The_commit_message

> The wiki also suggests setting format.signOff, which would make
> sign-offs accidentally leak easily into patches uploaded to bugzilla,
> for example.

I wrote that wiki paragraph based on my understanding of the discussion at
WineConf 2015. If I remember correctly, the primary concern was to know who
to blame if a patch causes a regression. I didn't write the bit about Git's
format.signOff option; I don't use it myself and I wouldn't recommend it.

My opinion is that if a patch was submitted to Staging with a sign-off, the
sign-off should be kept, because Staging is an official part of Wine and
its patches are intended to be upstreamed. However, if the patch was found
on Bugzilla, GitHub, etc., the sign-off should not be kept without the
original author's permission.

-Alex