Potential Heap Corrupt caused by unchecked return value

广钊. 徐 taisfmq at live.cn
Wed May 2 04:26:42 CDT 2018

Ah ha, the default locale in the Fedora docker image is LC_CTYPE=POSIX (without suffices like C.UTF-8), and any CJK characters like 风吹稻花香两岸 would fail. I guess that we can just propagate the error code up, that is, clean up local resources and then return the inner error code.

Heap corruption is not only a bug. It is a potential security issue, leading to potential arbitrary memory access and arbitrary code execution. I am afraid there are more than one such issues in our code base.