TestBot and graphics tests

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Sat Apr 27 11:52:45 CDT 2019

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019, Roderick Colenbrander wrote:
[...]
> From memory this Asrock board likely works okay. Back in the days we
> were a very early adopter of Vt-d/iommu working closely with Intel /
> Nvidia.

It turns out it's the processor that does not support VT-d. So Asrock is
off the hook.

[...]
> For an AMD card, the main hassles are that some of them have "PCIe
> reset" issues, which may prevent a VM from booting the card. AMD is
> not like Nvidia trying to block virtualization on consumer cards.
> Their Radeon Pro cards can sometimes be a little better. A cheap
> Radeon Pro WX2100 is for example a fine card.

I found The Passthrough Post website which has a list of compatible
hardware. I think I'll do some tests here with a Gigabyte RX 550 D5 and
then we can pick something from that range.

https://passthroughpo.st/vfio-increments/

On the Nvidia side I don't know if picking a Quadro instead of a
consumer graphics card would have an impact on the Wine tests.

Otherwise it seems the code 43 error and MSI interrupt issues are
reasonably well understood and can reliably be worked around these days.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>