TestBot and graphics tests

Sveinar Søpler cybermax at dexter.no
Sat Apr 27 11:55:29 CDT 2019

----- On Apr 27, 2019, at 6:39 PM, Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com wrote:
>> As long as it's not a "K" processor, the 2600 is working with vt-d,
>> where the 2600K does not (as you probably are aware of).
>
> It is indeed a i7-2600K and you're right, it does not support VT-d. So
> the 'Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled' in UEFI must be referring
> to VT-x. Which means the issue with VT-d may not actually come from the
> motherboard.
>
> I attached UEFI screenshots for reference.
>
> So anyway... we'll need new hardware.
>
> --
> Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>
Yeah, you need vt-d to get the "PCI passthrough" function which is what you
are aiming for, and the "K" does not have that ref. intel spec.

Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) = NO
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/52214/intel-core-i7-2600k-processor-8m-cache-up-to-3-80-ghz.html

Sveinar