Wine Gecko status

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Aug 9 13:02:07 CDT 2019

Hi,

What is the status of development regarding Wine Gecko? The last general release was
June 2016. As the maintainer in Fedora I have a few concerns that I would like to
address.

1. The build scripts require Python 2. Fedora is dropping Python 2 in Fedora 31/32.
31 is only a few months away from GA.
2. I have been unable to build from source with the latest MinGW toolset since
November 2016. I've last reported this directly to Jacek in 2018, but I have never
heard from him.
3. If no support arrives, I don't have the time to patch wine-gecko. It will be
dropped from Fedora and users will be downloading the binaries from winehq.org. This
provides a reduced user experience and I would like to prevent it.

Thanks,
Michael