Wine test machine: cw-rx460-wow64

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 10 08:38:44 CDT 2019

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Jeff Smith wrote:

> In trying to get familiar with test.winehq.org, I noticed that under
> the Linux test machines, one in particular currently exhibits quite a
> few errors that no other machine does: cw-rx460-wow64.  After looking
> into the particular errors, several appear to be directly or
> indirectly caused by the %windir% and %SystemRoot% environment
> variables not being defined.  I don't know the processes involved in
> managing the test machines, but I wonder if clearing and
> re-initializing the registry for that machine may help.

The cw-rx460 are a bit of a special case as they are not really part of
the TestBot but it does not change much in how they operate.

The wineprefix is recreated from scratch with every Wine update so every
test is run in a brand new Wineprefix, with one exception, the wow32 test.

What happens there is that:
* The 32 and 64 bit Wine is rebuilt.
* Then a new wineprefix is created for the wow64 bit test.
* Then the 64 bit WineTest is run.
* Then the 32 bit WineTest is run in the same wineprefix.

But maybe there is something wrong with the way the wow64 wineprefix is
created. The code is there:

https://github.com/fgouget/wt-daily/blob/master/wt-bot#L687

And the wt-bot script is called from:

https://github.com/fgouget/wt-daily/blob/master/wt-daily#L786

Either that or the 64 bit build does not really know it has to play nice
with a 32 bit build too?

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>