vkd3d - DXIL support progress?

Hans-Kristian Arntzen post at arntzen-software.no
Fri Oct 18 09:20:59 CDT 2019

On 10/18/19 4:15 PM, Greg Roth wrote:
> I confess I got a bit sidelined on this by some other projects, but
> I'm at a point where I can take it up again.
>
> The status is that I can parse the DXIL produced by DXC for a simple
> passthrough shader, but I can't generate the spir-v yet.

Are you using LLVM to parse the DXIL bitcode? I've been able to parse
the IL fully that way, but haven't done anything related to codegen.

Most of the (little) time I've spent so far as been coming up with an
algorithm to convert DXIL's unstructured control flow to something which
conforms to SPIR-V's structured model.

> I didn't think that was sufficient progress to wrap into a patch and
> get feedback on, but if you'd like to see it, I can polish it up and
> do so.

If you have a repo somewhere it could be interesting to take a look.

Cheers,
Hans-Kristian