TestBot news

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 14 02:43:47 CST 2020

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> w1064
> -----
>
> This is essentially the same as the w10pro64 VM but with test
> configurations for 1507, 1607, 1709, 1809, 1909 and the latest 2009.

It turns out that the 1909 snapshot was displaying the boot-time "Let's
finish setting up your device" full-screen wizard (bug 50298). So I
refreshed that snapshot to make sure it won't interfere with the tests.

I also added a configuration running the tests without elevated
privileges (w1064_adm).

> PCI-passthrough
> ---------------
>
> I also set up a new Windows 10 Pro VM on my development TestBot
> environment and added a configuration with an RX550 graphics card to it
> using PCI-passthrough.
>
> That seems to be working [1] so far, by which I mostly mean that besides
> actually running its TestBot tasks the graphics card has not locked up
> and required a host reboot yet.

And... now it's failing to initialize the RX550 driver with a code 43
error. Nothing seems to help so I suspect rebooting the host is going to
be necessary. The next step is going to be checking whether performing
clean shutdowns helps prevent this issue but that requires a TestBot
patch.

debiant2
--------

This is a copy of debiant with the following changes:
* I have updated the packages to the current Debian Testing.
* I added fonts for the locales we can run the tests in.
* I installed a manually backported X11 1.7.0 packages for bug 50086.

Unfortunately WineTest still times out.

user32:monitor is not the single culprit since WineTest sometimes times
out before running it. I manually ran WineTest without a timeout and it
took 33 minutes. There are 23 tests with runtimes above 30 seconds (only
one timeout), representing close to 22 minutes!

Test                Runtime (s)
user32:monitor      120
cmd.exe:batch       93
dwrite:font         77
mlang:mlang         77
regedit.exe:regedit 67
ddraw:ddraw4        65
ddraw:ddraw7        65
d3d9:device         63
user32:msg          60
dxgi:dxgi           58
d3d11:d3d11         57
ddraw:ddraw2        56
dwrite:analyzer     54
ddraw:ddraw1        48
dwrite:layout       45
ws2_32:sock         42
d3d9:visual         41
d3d8:device         40
winhttp:winhttp     38
shell32:shlexec     36
d3d10core:d3d10core 35
d3d9:d3d9ex         35
reg.exe:reg         34

Maybe some of those can be sped up but I think it is going to be
necessary is to increase the timeout to run the tests in Wine.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>