TestBot news

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Tue Dec 15 07:39:49 CST 2020

On Mon, 7 Dec 2020, Francois Gouget wrote:
[...]
> vm3 SSD
> -------
>
> The SSD of the vm3 host died last week so I moved its VMs to vm1 and
> vm4. That's part of why the TestBot was slow at the start of the week.
> The other reasons are:
[...]
> vm4's SSD is also on the brink of death according to smartctl so they'll
> both get new and bigger SSDs soon.

vm3 has a new SSD and is fully operational again. I moved the w1064 VM
back to it which will give a bit of breathing room to vm1.

vm4 also has a new SSD. It is also back on the 4.19 kernel + QEmu 3.1
[1] which matches the configuration of the other VM hosts . To do so I
had to change the pc-q35-5.0 machine to pc-q35-3.1 on w10pro64. As far
as I can tell this makes no difference to the guest.

I will certainly move back to QEmu 5.0 one day but for now it did not
seem to have any benefit. So sticking to QEmu 3.1 will avoid the "no
Spice client" audio bug [2] and avoid any issue when moving VMs created
on vm4 to the other hosts.

I also inadvertantly confirmed that the ntdll:exception crash is related
to the kernel version: it happens with 4.19.0-8 but not with 4.19.0-13.
Also this only impacts Windows 10: w7u never had any problem even with
4.19.0-8!

And while checking the WineTest results I noticed some getting this
error:

   C:\Users\Public\Documents>winetest64-latest.exe -q -s exe64.report
   The system cannot execute the specified program.

https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=83433&f101=task.log#k101
https://testbot.winehq.org/JobDetails.pl?Key=83455&f101=task.log#k101

Yet Windows successfully ran WineTest just before. As far as I can tell
this only happens on Windows 10 so I suspect Windows Defender since it
does not seem possible to completely disable it on the recent versions.
But this is not systematic so it's going to be hard to confirm.

It also happened last week so it's not related to the latest vm3 and vm4
update.

[1] Instead of kernel 5.8 + QEmu 5.0

[2] https://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2020-November/177510.html

--