winegstreamer: Avoid Fedora and openSUSE?

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Sat May 23 20:59:47 CDT 2020

On Sat, 23 May 2020 19:29:30 +0200 (CEST)
Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> wrote:

> So did anyone manage to get winegstreamer.dll to work for 32-bit Windows
> applications on Fedora and openSUSE or is it widely known that one
> should avoid them when using Wine?

About the only thing I ever used winegstreamer for was for embedded videos in Powerpoint and I haven't needed that in awhile, but I just fired up an old Powerpoint with an embedded video that I had used for testing and it is still working in Powerpoint 7 and 10 in Wine 5.9 on openSUSE Leap 15.0.

--
Rosanne DiMesio
dimesio at earthlink.net