winegstreamer: Avoid Fedora and openSUSE?

Paul Gofman pgofman at codeweavers.com
Tue May 26 13:21:24 CDT 2020

On 5/26/20 18:11, Francois Gouget wrote:
> gst-plugin-scanner is installed by gstreamer1.x86_64. So again the only
> way to not have it while still being able to use GStreamer is to go the
> full manual route and sudo rm gst-plugin-scanner.
>
> (I'm not quite sure I understand 'auto search path' though)

I've run the program, and it doesn't find plugins right away, it also
doesn't find them after deleting cache. But after 'mv
/usr/libexec/gstreamer-1.0/gst-plugin-scanner
/usr/libexec/gstreamer-1.0/gst-plugin-scanner.bckp' and clearing the
cache it works fine (with cache or not). It also works fine if you get
the gst-plugin-scanner back and keep the cache now.

But I sure did not ever removed gst-plugins-scanner previously (could
clean the caches though maybe). Can it be winegstreamer does something a
bit different and thus avoids the bad influence of scanner?