[programs/robocopy.exe] How to do unit test correctly?

Weiwen Chen ofey206 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 13:51:08 CDT 2021

> Well, you could, but it may be easier to copy the structure from a
different program, e.g. programs/ping/ping_main.c.

I considered this choice at first, and I read some of the command line
parsing patterns from other files. But robocopy has covered almost all
kinds of dos-style command line flags:
- flag with no argument, eg: /x
- colon separated argument, eg: /x:10
- space separated argument list, eg: /x arg1 arg2

The three types are all needed by Waves Central or Scoop.

I didn't find a program which has to deal with such complex parsing, and
the complexity to write a structure to parse all three kinds of flags seems
to be similar to implementing a dos-style `getopt`. Besides, `getopt` is
something standard, and I can refer to lots of implementations. If a
dos-style `getopt` is done, maybe it could help new programs or improve
existing programs.

I think I could do my test of `getopt` somewhere else, and copy tested code
to the wine project. `getopt` is not hard/complex, and there are standard
implementations which are proved to be right.

Unittest of such a little program may be too cumbersome. ;)

Weiwen

Zebediah Figura (she/her) <zfigura at codeweavers.com> 于2021年6月26日周六 下午11:52写道: