Using native Chrome OS FilesApp for file chooser

Joel Hockey joelhockey at chromium.org
Mon May 17 22:34:24 CDT 2021

I'm not especially familiar with GTK, but my understanding is that the
xdg-desktop-portal dbus APIs were created to solve this problem.

https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk3-GtkFileChooserNative.html

GtkFileChooserNative was created as a replacement for
GtkFileChooserDialog.  When it detects that there is a native dialog
provided (gtk, kde, wlroots) it will use it.  My plan is to add a server
implementation for cros FIlesApp.  Hopefully linux apps which support
xdg-desktop-portal will then use the native dialog, and I would also like a
way for wine apps to do similar.