cross compilation

Eric Pouech eric.pouech at orange.fr
Tue Oct 12 12:00:29 CDT 2021

Le 12/10/2021 à 18:17, Alexandre Julliard a écrit :
> Eric Pouech <eric.pouech at orange.fr> writes:
>
>> i'm currently fixing a couple of bugs introduced when linking winedbg with msvcrt (cough cough)
>>
>> a couple of items strike me (for cross compiling only):
>>
>> - why is cross compilation done with -Wno-format flag? what's the rationale behind it (it hides a couple of errors ;-)
> It's disabled on 64-bit because most places are still using the Unix
> formats. This will have to be fixed eventually, and -Wno-format will
> then be applied to non-Mingw builds instead.

you mean replacing all the the %l[udx] (lower case l) by %I[udx] (upper
case i) ?

BTW, include/msvcrt/stdio.h doesn't use the __attribute__((format))
thingie for printf nor scanf families

(I was surprised that there wasn't warning about the printf & sscanf
usage I've just sent a patch for...)

I'll dig into it

A+