Tests failing

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Mon Oct 18 06:04:21 CDT 2021

On Sun, 17 Oct 2021, David Kahurani wrote:
[...]
> Disabling this test in the Makefile leads to more errors in the tests. Is
> this normal? I am pretty new to Wine and could be missing something.

It's not normal: conformance tests should not be failing.
It's expected: Wine has had test failures for years.

Currently there's no way you can get 'make test' to succeed. [1]
(please, please, take that as a challenge!).

https://test.winehq.org/data/patterns.html
https://test.winehq.org/data/   (specifically, the Linux column)

[1] I'll mention this just in case, but step one is making sure not
    to use parallel make when running the tests.

           Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient à demander
                          si un sous-marin peut nager.